Friday, September 3, 2010

Recipe Friday: End-of-Summer Pasta

I have been trying out so many new recipes, ever since I started doing Bountiful Baskets. I have to use everything in my basket so I have been cooking a lot more, and eating a lot more healthy.

I got this recipe out of my latest issue of my Parents magazine. It was so yummy and light. My kids even ate it all up. The first time I made it, I substituted zucchini for the eggplant. The second time I made it, I used eggplant. I did make a few changes. I used about 5 to 6 cloves of garlic. We like our garlic! I used a lot of salt and pepper. I also used different kinds of pasta each time I made it.

End-of-Summer Pasta


Ingredients
  • 1/4  cupextra-virgin olive oil
  • 2  medium eggplants, cut into 1/2 to 1-inch chunks
  • Salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1  lb.farfalle or other dried pasta
  • 6  small or 3 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2 to 1-inch chunks
  • 1  to 2 tsp.thinly sliced garlic
  • 1/2  cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • Chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
Directions 1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the eggplant, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and stir occasionally until it's browned and tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Add pasta to boiling water and prepare as directed. While its cooking, add the tomatoes and garlic to the eggplant mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is nicely softened, about 10 more minutes.
3. When the pasta is done, drain and toss with the eggplant sauce and Parmesan. Adjust the seasoning and garnish with basil if you like.

3 comments:

Amy said...

that is so yummy. Thanks for sharing. Next Friday is my Round Robin if you want to stop by and share this and your amazing new store.. Have a great weekend..

Anonymous said...

I was scared of eggplant for so long, and it was a recipe like this one that turned it around for me too!

Unplanned Cooking said...

Pasta is such an easy way to use up summer vegetables - plus it's tasty and healthy.

Following from BF.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...