Friday, April 16, 2010

Recipe Friday - Penne with Chicken and Asparagus (my version)

I have been ordering Bountiful Baskets for the past couple of months. I love it! Go check out the website to find out what it is :) I get all of my fruits and veggies from them and my bread for so cheap. I even share my basket with a friend, because there is so much. My meals now center around what I get in my Bountiful Basket and you never know what you are getting until you pick it up. I was getting so much asparagus...for a few weeks. I had to find something else to do with it. I love allrecipes.com, because I just type in my ingredient and find a recipe. I always read the reviews, because people have some good suggestions on how they made the recipe better.

Penne with Chicken and Asparagus (my version):
Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta (or any pasta...I used rigatoni)
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
salt and pepper to taste
lemon juice
1 small tomato - chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup cream cheese
splash of milk
1 bunch slender asparagus spears cut into 1-inch pieces
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced and chopped
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
mushrooms cut up (optional)

Directions:
1. Put water into pot for pasta. Chop asparagus into 1-inch pieces and put into the water. Bring water up to a boil. Cook asparagus for a few minutes in boiling water.

2. Pull asparagus out with slotted spoon. Add pasta to boiling water and cook.

3. Heat olive oil in a pan. Saute onions and garlic for a few minutes. Add chicken and salt and pepper. Cook chicken.

4. Once chicken is cooked, add aspargus, lemon juice, chopped tomato, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup cream cheese, plash of milk, mushrooms (optional), and parmesan cheese.

5. Cook on medium heat until warmed through and veggies are tender.

6. Pour pasta into chicken mixture and stir.

7. Serve onto your plates and sprinkle with more parmesan cheese :) Enjoy!

If you want to look at the real recipe, click here!

1 comment:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

this sounds delish! i will have to try it. i have the asparagus on hand too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...